26. common/ average/ ordinary/regular/ normal
He leads a life.
An of 1500 persons pass here every day.
Britain and America share a language.
That is only an incident.
He received four years of education at college.
He arrived late as .
The Japanese often eat fish.
China is a country rich in oil.
I had a very idea about the project.
This is a very______ job.
28. continuous/ continual/constant/consistent/successive
A human body needs a supply of air.
He has arguments with his father.
The machinery requires maintenance.
What you say is not with what you do.
He won three matches.
29. compress/ condense/ shrink/press/squeeze
This machine can the paper into thick cardboard.
______the button, then the machine will work.
Soup when boiled.
We the juice from an orange.
The number of students of this school has .
The cloth in the wash.
The judge the prisoner.
Jackson has his old car.
That apple tree plenty of apples.
We will never ground to the enemy.
They to the enemy.
1. regular, average, common, ordinary, normal, usual
2. raw, crude, rough, tough
3. continuous, continual, constant, consistent, successive
4. compress, Press, condenses, squeezed, shrunk, shrinks
5. discharged, abandoned, yields, yield, surrendered